Green Laundry Facility Methods
Commercial Laundry, Linen & Uniform Rental Companies
There are many opportunities for laundries to reduce their impact on the environment and limit the usage of natural resources. Participation in green production methodology helps improve local communities, keep the environment safe, and often times reduce costs.
Many steps that can be taken include:
- Conserving resources with efficient equipment
- Controlling sewer discharges
- Minimizing environmental impact.
TRSA Certification: Clean Green Requirements
In order for a laundry facility to gain the TRSA “Clean Green” certification they must demonstrate through documentation their efficiency in water and energy in the following areas:
- Recovering heat from drained hot water
- Recapturing water from rinses for reuse
- Using detergents that are environmentally friendly
- Separating and removing solids and liquids from wastewater
- Use of solar energy and energy efficient lighting throughout the facility
- Implementation of Recycling programs
- Vehicle fuel conservation through rerouting
- Facility spill prevention plans
- Continual preventive maintenance
Local Laundries Participating in “Green” Production Methodology
All businesses in every industry can find local laundries by searching certifications and viewing different companies’ compliance policies at LinenServices.com. To use this site simply enter your zip code or state. From there you can discover which local companies meet your organizational needs. You can also read reviews and contact local services directly.